Coop Borrower's Checklist For Refinance
- Schedule the settlement date and time
- Sign payoff authorization including social security number
- Provide National Capital Title & Escrow, llc (NCTE), with the following:
- Mailing address (specify if different from subject property address), phone numbers, and e-mail address
- Copy of cooperative proprietary documents, including stock and lease
- Copy of mortgage statement(s) so that we can obtain payoff statement(s)
- Copy of statements for any additional debts being paid as part of settlement
- Complete District of Columbia, Maryland, or Virginia wire instruction form, if appropriate
- Bring driver’s license or passport (must be current)
- Bring money due at settlement: a cashier’s check is usually accepted; a wire may be required.
- Please contact NCTE for details. Cashier’s checks should be made payable to National Capital Title and Escrow, llc.
- The borrower should bring a checkbook in case additional amounts are required. If the cashier’s check is over the amount needed, a refund can be issued at the closing.
- In cases where we cannot get you the exact figure for closing, the borrower should use the good faith estimate given by the realtor for the cashier’s check amount.