Coop Seller's Checklist
- Schedule settlement date
- Provide National Capital Title & Escrow, llc (NCTE), with the following:
- Complete seller information request form
- Copy of existing owner’s title insurance policy
- Copy of mortgage statement(s) so that we can obtain payoff statement(s)
- Copy of home owners association fee statement and contact information
- Bring driver’s license or passport (must be current).
- Bring keys and any applicable warranties.
- Bring original proprietary document, including stock certificate, lease, and ownership contract (if you have a mortgage, these documents may be warehoused with them). If the seller is unable to locate these documents, the co-op will issue substitute ownership documents, provided that the seller completes one of the following requirements as dictated by board policy:
- provide an affidavit of loss
- purchase a bond in favor of the co-op to indemnity it and the buyer against loss
- initiate a suit for quiet title; both the bond and the suit for quiet title are costly measures